Monday, March 16, 2009

I CAN do this today...

Have you ever woken up and said, "I CAN do this today" to yourself? I often do, in fact, a lot lately. My husband just kind of looks at me wondering what he should say. I think he thinks it is a trap statement...kind of like, "Do I look fat?" I just usually look at him and ask him to tell me, "Yes, you can!". That is all we need sometimes....a little affirmation that we can get through what we have on our plate today.

Today was one of those days. Mondays are usually my favorite days. They are a new start. They are fresh and bright for me. Today I was a bit overwhelmed with school, lots of laundry (why do I wait for days to put in a load anyway?), housework, helping the kids finish their science projects, Jason in the middle of tax season, planning for the track meet, planning for Kindergarten Graduation and probably 5 other things I have on my mind!

Well, I did do it today. We did complete what we needed and I do feel a little frazzled, but proud of what we did. The kids played outside, we got 2 of the 3 science projects 90% complete, the track stuff is on track as well as the Kindergarten planning. I still have lots of laundry (although less than this morning) and a messy house with magazine clippings all over thanks to my 6 year old and her animal home project. Dinner is in the oven and I can take a deep breath and know that tomorrow, I CAN do it all over again!

No comments: