Friday, August 22, 2008

Back to School for the Bakers

We start back to school next Monday. I love getting back to school! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE summer as well. It is probably my favorite time of year, but there is something about the start of a new school year. I love the cooler mornings and the bustle of activities starting to appear on my calendar. I enjoy the anticipation and getting all of our homeschool stuff ready! We had a lot of shuffling around in our house with moving rooms and things around this year (switching space with Jason's office), but that just gives us a fun, new place to be for the year!

For our first day of school, we always have a special breakfast (usually made by Dad!), we take their pictures out by the ash tree (which reminds me I need to mow this weekend!) and then start the day out with a treasure hunt for their new supplies! They love doing this and giggle with joy at finding their new things! We usually do just 1/2 days until Labor Day, so we have time to still get to the pool. We are going to start with Math, Language Arts and History and then fold in the other subjects after Labor Day.

I hope you enjoy your first day of school. I know many of you have started already and some will start after Labor Day. Enjoy these moments. Take pictures and have fun.

No comments: